Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013 and Inspired Nail Art


What I thought of the Awards
So this year I actually managed to watch all of the Oscar Movies! I thought they were all really powerful in their own unique ways! All of the wins were pretty predictable. The nominated directors were not what I had expected I'm totally surprised Quentin Tarantino and Kathryn Bigalow weren't in the category! Although in the end I am really happy Ang Lee got the oscar because I find him to be a wonderfully creative director. Daniel Day Lewis totally deserved the oscar for best actor, but personally Denzel Washington in Flight completely blew me away and I was rooting for him. Also I am completely obsessed with Jennifer Lawrence, but I think Jessica Chastain was completely robbed of the award. She said it in her Golden Globes speech that her character was completely against all Hollywood conventions and I think that is probably why she didn't get the Oscar, but I think she completely deserved it and it would have been huge of the Academy to have given it to her.

Best Dressed


This Oscar season it seemed that there were two very distinct styles going on. The first is beautiful light pale colors as seen on Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway, Amy Adams, Charlize Theron, and Amanda Seyfried.  The second is embellished sparkly gowns, which I personally think were fabulous and perfect for an event such as the Oscars. Dresses in this style were worn by Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Catherine Zeta Jones, Naomi Watts, Stacy Keibler, and Adele. I think the one who combined these two styles well was Jessica Chastain wearing a gorgeous copper Armani Prive gown.  



Oscar Inspired Nail Art


The embellished gowns pictured above inspire my toe nail art. For the base I used "Goleneye" by OPI Limited Edition Holiday Lacquer and I used Milani's "Black" Nail Art polish to do the contours.

                           



No comments:

Post a Comment